Remember, information you share via Bluetooth, Sat-Nav or your Smartphone link is open to abuse or theft by Cyber-Hackers!
TAKE CARE OF YOUR VEHICLE AND PERSONAL DATA WITH MY TOP TEN TIPS!
- Immediately install all new software and security updates from your vehicle’s manufacturer.
- Turn off your car’s Bluetooth and WiFi if you’re not using them for a while.
- Cyber criminals could gain access to your smartphone and apps, install their security updates.
- NEVER put your exact home address in your SatNav, use a nearby landmark.
- For in-car WiFi NEVER use the default password and DON’T leave the password written in the car.
- If you use apps to pay for toll fees or parking make sure they are password protected.
RETURNING A LEASED VEHICLE OR SELLING YOUR OLD ONE? HERE’S WHAT TO DO:
- Go into the Bluetooth system on the vehicle and REMOVE your paired phone from the list and delete your contacts list.
- Clear your private data from the infotainment system.
- Do a “Factory Reset” to stop the vehicle’s web-connected services accessing your Facebook or Google accounts.
- Clear your electric gate or garage door pairing from any integrated remote control, otherwise your car could give access to your property!
Share this page
4th of February 2020